Data Center 360° Investigation
The service Data Center 360° Investigation (DC360 Investigation) is providing you a structured automated way to analyse and detect configuration and performance problems currently impacting your data center infrastructure. An impact may in particular be a performance decrease, intermittent error messages of devices or an outage of the entire data center.
This is saving a lot of time in the process of bringing back your IT services running.
Storage, SAN (Storage Area Network) and server hardware components and all connections between them are checked.
|Vendors are in charge to fix your data center problems,
but we can help to isolate the issues very effective.
(see 'KnowledgeRiver and ITIL' > link)
Continual Service Improvement > Seven-Step Improvement activity: 2. Define what you will measure
Continual Service Improvement > Seven-Step Improvement activity: 3. Gather the data
Continual Service Improvement > Seven-Step Improvement activity: 4. Process the data
Continual Service Improvement > Seven-Step Improvement activity: 5. Analyze the information and data
Continual Service Improvement > Seven-Step Improvement activity: 6. Present and use the information
Please check the supported device list.
You will receive as work result a detailed report with a prioritized action list to reduce respectively eliminate e.g. performance issues or redundancy problems.
The analysis is resulting in several documents. These include especially recommendations to reduce the number of incidents, outages and/or violated SLAs.
In detail the report contains:
- Results to reflect data flow congestion, single point of failures, actual code levels and the checked infrastructure:
General overview about all analyzed components and the detected issues.
Proposals to improve the analyzed infrastructure in regards to short, mid and long term implementation following best practices rules. The document contains just devices in failed or warning state.
Similar to DC360Results, but the document includes all check results (as well passed checks).
- Technical details:
- Detailed listing of configuration parameters for each checked device (failed and warning state) as spreadsheet files.
- Detailed listing of configuration parameters for each checked device (passed state) as spreadsheet files.
We will give you the opportunity to discuss the report respectively recommendations with us.
The report will be provided as electronic download in your 'my KnowledgeRiver' section. You will be informed via email as soon as the report is available.
KnowledgeRiver will be responsible for the following:
- Provide a key coordinator for the communication to the principal.
- Provide technical specialists as required.
- Provide coordination and planning of the service (together with the principal).
- Provide best practice, recommendations and documentation in English language.
You are responsible for the following:
- Provide a key coordinator for the communication to and coordination of involved principal team.
- Provide documentation and all project material in English language.
- Provide up to date information and data about the selected data center components. The collection has to be performed with our DC360Octopus utility.
- In case of an onsite service, a local team has to be involved to provide authorizations and full access to all necessary information.
The start date and schedule for the service engagement will be agreed after the service contract became effective.
Please refer to our calculator.
But be aware that this result gives just a rough estimate. It will NOT be an offer!